Updated: April 15th, 2020
Who are we?
This company serves as a platform where online gamers can earn coins. These coins are obtained by visiting our partners’ websites and volunteer to answer and complete surveys, watch video advertisements or play games.
These coins do not have any real monetary value; however, they can be exchanged for gift cards or avatar skins in virtual games such as CS: GO. These coins can also be used within games such as roulette, coinflip, etc.
What information do we collect?
When you register as one of our account holders, our system requires a few essential details to be filled out by you. These are your:
- First and Last name
- Email address— you will be required to register and sign in with a Google account and by accepting these policies you accept the right for us to send informative emails about the platform, such as newsletters etc.
- Profile photo— this is something we can pull off with Google account.
- Phone number – you will be required to verify your phone number before withdrawing coins
As you along the registration process, you will be allowed to volunteer other sorts of information about yourself such as your phone number, steam account and discord account. There is not information that we require you to divulge but is something you can give up of your own accord.
How do we monitor user activity?
- You are now in a contract with CollectSkins.com
- You have given our company, CollectSkins, permission to use this information
- Processing your (the user’s) personal data is in the best and legitimate interest of CollectSkins.
- CollectSkins will use your information within the compliance of the law
- CollectSkins has the right to hold on to your user data for as long as necessary
- If you reside in the European Economic Area, you have certain data protection right in terms of GDPR.
What are our user’s data protection rights?
Below are the rights that are guaranteed to you by the law:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have collected on you
- The right to object to your data being used
- The right to rectify any information we have on you; in case it may have been incorrect or has changed over time.
- The right of restriction
- The right to withdraw consent.
What do we use to track user activity?
It is essential that we monitor our user’s activities not only to know whether they are complying to the terms of service but also to know how we can cater to them more efficiently.
We use different scripts to effectively monitor user activity:
- Google analytics—this tool offers us more data and metrics than any other and thus we tend to rely on it the most. It works towards gathering information such as the number of times a user visits our website, the duration of how long they browse, sources of traffic and the pages they visited. Moreover, it provides us with information on the user’s preferred sections on the website as well as the keywords they used. This helps us with our search engine optimization.
- Facebook pixel— this works essentially by triggering cookies to track users as they interact with your website and Facebook ads. But doing so, they can tell us a lot about user preference. This is essentially a code you place on your website and works by collecting data that helps you track conversions from Facebook ads.
- Cookiebot—Cookiebot works by blocking out cookies until the end-users give their consent to be tracked.
- Hotjar— Hotjar collects data by creating a heatmap of where the users clicked during their time on our website. This can help come up with polls to help us build a strong, data-backed understanding of what our users are using this website for, and how they’re using it.
- Google tag manager—much like Google Analytics, this tool tracks all events and page visits on our web property.
A crucial part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We ask all parent to kindly monitor and participate in their online activity.
For hosting purposes, we use Google Cloud Platform. This is suited well for cloud computing services offered by Google and includes a variety of hosted services for computing and storage that runs on Google hardware.
Users reserve the right to be forgotten if they want all their personal information erased. If you are one such user, then kindly contact us on our email: [email protected]. We would be glad to delete any personal information if it makes you uncomfortable.